Express is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Manager.
CLICK HERE to apply!
The Assistant Manager assists the store manager in supervising the store operations, recruiting, management, training and sales functions, drive productivity, compliance with company policies, and create a great in-store shopping experience for our customers.
Talent – Assists in developing, inspiring, and retaining top talent
- Maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of the store morale. Focusing on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a “one team” mentality.
- Coach, teach and train Sales Associates for effective job performance.
- Partner with the Store Manager to identify high performing Sales Associates to assist in their growth.
- May assist in the hiring process for Sales Associates by participating in interview and providing feedback to the Store Manager.
Execution – Support the Store Manager’s analysis of the business and help to execute/communicate clear action plans that optimize results and ensure effective execution of all operational activities.
- Assist in overseeing all aspects of daily store operations.
- Execute action plans to optimize results.
- Ensure sales floor coverage in order to meet customer expectations.
- Oversee merchandise flow, such as shipment, replenishment, and omnichannel operations, throughout the store.
- Maintain adherence to Company Policies and ensures the safety of associates and customers.
- Manage the execution of the store strategy to achieve performance goals.
- Optimize sales/operations opportunity, by leading the associates consistently executes merchandising strategies, operations, loyalty programs and other company initiatives.
Customer and Selling Experience – Support a store’s environment focused on consistently delivering a great in-store experience.
- Lead by example in creating a culture of proactive customer engagement to exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Greet and assist all customers in a friendly manner, shares information on product, promotions, and loyalty programs.
- Resolve any customer complaints. Determines the source of issues and takes initiative to identify and resolve them.
- Act as the customer experience leader; Accountable for results of the customer experience and creates action plans to improve performance.
- Creates a positive in-store experience through visual standards.
Other essential functions may occur as directed by your supervisor
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Years of Experience: 1-3 of relevant job experience
- Proficient in use of technology (iPad, registers)
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills
- Meets defined availability criteria, including nights, weekends and non-business hours
- Meets physical requirements
Preferred Qualifications (skills and abilities)
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Prior sales management experience
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies.In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition,Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made