The Night Auditor is responsible for the preparation and disposition of all Night Audit work. Responsible for the front desk operation during the overnight shift (Typically 11pm-7am). Primary responsibilities include: registering guests making reservations preparing daily reports balancing transactions and conducting security walks.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles.
- Must be able to problem solve and troubleshoot in order to resolve guest issues that may arise and respond to emergency situations.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work in a self-managed environment.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Initiate and complete the End of Day process.
- Run all reports as required for Food and Beverage audit.
- Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures daily.
- Balance the day’s work (i.e. movie revenue telephone postings valet laundry server’s and desk agent’s paperwork etc.).
- Maintain cashiering responsibilities as per Front Office procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain Front Office computer system operation according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Fulfill all Front Office functions between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Follow up to ensure periodic checks by the Midnight House Attendant are made of building and guest corridors to ensure all areas are locked and secured (property specific)
- Handle and follow through on all guest requests daily from 11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Follow safety and emergency procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain proper record keeping (i.e. log books etc.) according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality’s policies and house rules.
- Complete the initial direct bills daily and place on the Property Accountant’s desk; Attach all folio/banquet check back-up to the bills.
- Maintain radio contact with other associates during entire shift.
- Have a working knowledge of security procedures.
- Ensure associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and fellow associates.
- Prepare and distribute the Daily Flash Report as needed.
- Transfer the master or house accounts as necessary.
- Distribute work (i.e. revenue printouts charge and paid folios vouchers and checks etc.) as directed by S.O.P.’s.
- Train any new Night Auditors as requested by management.
- Run morning reports according to Aimbridge Hospitality procedures.
- Assign delivery of newspapers daily. Deliver or assign delivery of Express Check-Out’s.
- Follow up to ensure that nightly walk-through includes removal of all room service trays and straightening of pool and Jacuzzi area (property specific)
- Handle items for Lost and Found according to the standard.
- Complete any reports as requested by management in a timely manner.
- Complete any miscellaneous duties as required (i.e. resetting Food and Beverage P.O.S. where necessary distribution of credit ‘Watch List’ and preparation of daily revenue summary).
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Guest Services Manager or any other member of management.
Homewood Suites Albany Crossgates Mall
This is a co-branded hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany Crossgates Mall
We’re just across the highway from the University at Albany, and a 15-minute drive will let you explore the historic capital. Visit the nearby Washington Park for fresh air and beautiful views. You can also find a range of businesses nearby, including Tokyo Electron and IBM. Reach Albany Airport in 10 minutes.
Join us daily for free hot full breakfast. From Monday-Thursday, our complimentary evening social* offers beer, wine, soft drinks and a rotating menu. If you need a late-night treat, visit our 24-hour Suite Shop® in the lobby. Stay fit in the fitness center, play basketball on the sport court, or relax in the indoor pool. Our meeting space and business center are ideal for small meetings and work trips.
Tru by Hilton Albany Crossgates Mall
Our New York State Capitol hotel is located just steps away from Crossgates Mall and a short drive to SUNY, Downtown Albany, Albany International Airport, and University at Albany. We are located near a range of local businesses, including General Electric and Global Foundries. A free area shuttle is available within 5 miles. Our efficient rooms are uniquely Tru, with large comfortable mattresses, free WiFi and a 55-inch TV with 150 channels.
From healthy to indulgent, our free ‘Build your Own’ Breakfast toppings bar is all about choices – featuring 30 sweet and savory toppings for cereal, bagels, yogurt and more. Grab snacks, drinks, light meals and single-serve wine and beer in the 24/7 market.
Cozy up with a book in the semi-private alcoves of our lobby, shoot some pool with fellow travelers, reenergize in a fully equipped fitness center, or take a dip in the indoor pool. Sharing a building with the Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany Crossgates Mall gives you additional amenities you cannot find in other Albany hotels, such as enhanced communal areas.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan