Underground by Journey’s is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Manager
To assist Store Manager and Manager In Training with recruiting, hiring, training and managing store personnel to achieve store and personal sales plan, control expenses, and to protect company assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of performance.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of high caliber employees with in store needs.
- Assist in training and developing a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to Store Manager and Manager In Training
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
- Bank Deposits
- Open/Closing the store
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Journeys at www.journeys.com/careers
- Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
- 6-12 months retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Co-Manager position.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.*