- Customer Service & Sales – Greets and assists customers while providing excellent customer service. Demonstrates WORTH behaviors consistently. Partners where needed for additional support. Actively and enthusiastic engages customer while working to resolve problems and assist with credit, rewards and gift card programs. Promotes Findmore and other programs intended to drive sales and enhance customer service.
- Checkout Standards – Completes checkout processes including returns and re-ticketing. Assists with the signing and merchandising standards at all checkouts while stocking and merchandising Impulse Fixtures and replenishment. Proactively calls for assistance when additional help is needed in checkout. Utilizes Point of Sale on Mobile Warrior device to support line management.
- General Operations – Assists with Omnichannel efforts as needed. Assists with recovery, put backs and fitting room maintenance as needed. Participates in annual inventory processes
- Performance Standards – Supports company shrink and safety initiatives. Meets established performance standards for the role on a consistent basis, including (but not limited to) the company’s iCAP program, product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Cashier will possess the following:
- Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others.
- Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
- Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
- Results – Solves problems and makes smart decisions that drive sales, profit and customer service; executes work effectively and efficiently; holds self accountable to a high standards to achieve results; adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude
- Ownership – Provides great customer service; cooperates and builds positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; takes accountability for own actions and outcomes
- Intensity – Proactively finds ways to improve the customer experience; shows the confidence and courage to do what is right; takes action with energy and urgency