Buckle at Crossgates is looking to hire part-time and seasonal top talent to our ever growing business with availability starting November 1st through January 31st for the extended mall hours and for the holiday season!
The Sales Teammate position’s primary responsibility is to fulfill our mission statement: “To create the most enjoyable shopping experience possible for our Guests.” Additionally, Sales Teammates perform a variety of sales, merchandising and operational tasks assigned by Store Management (e.g. cashiering, merchandise display and pulls, register procedures, and routine cleaning of facilities).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Generation and Guest Service
- Greet Guests with a friendly, engaging attitude, and is consistently prepared to provide legendary service to each Guest.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on Guest needs and desires.
- Anticipate and fulfill Guest’s needs by suggesting additional items and creating a wardrobing experience.
- Demonstrate product utilizing product knowledge and sales education, consistently sharing that knowledge and education with Team.
- Maintain and share knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Remain consistent on personal sales, as well as looking for opportunities to impact Teammates’ presentations with the Sales Presentation Guide (SPG) .
- Achieve personal sales-per-hour, average sales and total net sales goals set by Store Management.
- Provide legendary service throughout the store in these top four areas: Front 5, sales floor, fitting rooms, and the register area.
- Help Guests try on or fit merchandise.
- Check out and bag purchases.
- Prepare merchandise for alterations.
- Knowledgeable of all exchange and return procedures for Guests and exhibit the ability to turn into a showmanship opportunity.
- Fill out and effectively use the Sales Presentation Guide (SPG) daily to accomplish goals.
- Meets or above performance standards in all Buckle business builders and guest loyalty including fit appointments, Buckle credit card and guest connect.
- Place Special Orders or call other stores to find desired merchandise.
- Maintain and build good Guest relationships to develop a client based business.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Buckle’s customer service expectations in order to meet the needs of every Guest.
- Consistently perform leadership actions and maintain high standards, whether or not the Manager is present.
Teammate Recruiting, Training and Development
- Consistently recognize recruiting opportunities by utilizing Jobs & Careers cards, email referrals and Teammate Recommend.
- Create relationships through Guest Loyalty and Guest Preferred.
- Maintain a professional and respectful attitude at all times creating a positive floor culture.
Visual Merchandise Management
- Present merchandise in a manner that will maximize sales and achieve optimum merchandise turn.
- Stay current on product range.
- Work with other Teammates and Guests to identify product improvements, new product ideas and new product feedback.
- Ensure sales floor is consistently sized and new freight is appropriately displayed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends, and the day of/day after Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store and business needs.
- Open and close cash registers, use magnetic card readers, perform tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Follow all Loss Prevention guidelines, including daily bag and purse checks.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Point of Sale (“POS”) procedures.
- Understand and execute all policies regarding payments, exchanges and Loss Prevention practices.
- Perform merchandising tasks, such as handling freight, re-merchandising, preparing displays, completing price markdowns, and transfers.
- Consistently maintain a clean, organized and shoppable store to fulfill Buckle’s mission statement.
- Provide feedback to Store Manager and Leadership Team regarding merchandise handling concerns.
- Communicate any policy violations and Teammate or Guest concerns to Store Manager, District Manager, and/or Human Resources in a timely, confidential manner.
- Understand and apply the Buckle’s Code of Ethics and all Buckle’s policies, procedures, and handbooks.
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of customer service while contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older in New York State.
Click HERE for more information or to apply today!