Hi, we’re Primark. We’re all about fun, fashion, and a fabulous career. We’re fast-paced, with our stores receiving hundreds of new products every week. We have amazing fashion at amazing prices, all of the time. We set the fashion trends. We’re committed to providing our customers with service that is second to none. As part of our global team, you’ll be at the forefront of expanding this fashion revolution in the United States. Are you game?
Title – People & Culture Human Resources Manager (P&C Manager)
Location – Albany, NY
The People & Culture Human Resources Manager will oversee the “People & Culture” function for the new Primark U.S. retail store located in Albany, NY. At Primark, we now call Human Resources “People & Culture”. The P&C Manager will be part of the leadership team and will work in partnership with the Store Manager and Store Management team in contributing to the overall success of store operations. This is a growth position and a new geography for Primark. Future career opportunities can include a larger volume store, regional and headquarter opportunities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage an HR support team and employee population of hundreds of team members.
- Lead all aspects of the Human Resources discipline to include employee relations, compensation, talent acquisition, learning and development, payroll, and time and attendance.
- Build relationships, coach and influence employees and liaise with Store Management across the business.
- Leverage and implement the tools/processes into stores that are created by the corporate office.
- Business Savvy, understanding that 70% of the controllable cost is a labor cost.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field; a focus on HR or organizational behavior is desired.
- 8-10 years’ experience in HR, preferably in a large, matrixed organization with experience in recruitment, employee relations, exposure to training, performance management, labor and organizational development.
- HR Generalist experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule within the retail environment.
- Prior experience of leading a team of HR professionals.
Primark is an Equal Opportunity Employer.