Seniority level: Associate
Employment type: Full-time
Industries: Apparel & Fashion, Retail, Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Since 1949 we’ve maintained a heritage of leadership, innovation, service, and style. With great hope, energy, and a shoestring budget, friends Ebner “Eb” Glooskin and Leonard “Len” Seaman, opened a small “Workingman’s” store in New Britain, Connecticut. Their roadmap to success was simple – provide quality products, offer them at fair prices, and deliver it all to customers through great service. On a cold February morning in of 1949 the 1st EbLens would open for business. Little did Ebner and Leonard know that one day their 1st store would be joined by dozens more; not only in Connecticut but throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York State, and New Hampshire. Fast forward through decades of continuous operation, and you will 2nd the team at EbLens still working hard to provide the very best retail experience to their customers. After years of supplying all the necessities for work, and a shift into army & navy surplus, todays EbLens has risen from selling essentials to the whole family to a premiere retail destination delivering the best and most sought after fashion inspired by todays urban lifestyle. Times have changed since we opened our 1st store, and after years of serving countless customers, we have too. For the latest information on our products, events or promotions check us out at eblens.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. But after more than 65 years some things never change. Wed still prefer you drop-in to one of our many convenient locations and see for yourself how Eb & Len are at it again!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: –
- Assists the Store Manager in the day-to-day management of the store in accordance with overall company policy.
- Provides sales floor leadership, including coaching, selling techniques and proper zone coverage.
- Involved in the overall merchandising of the store, helping to determine which products to feature, updating various displays and providing direction to sales staff on all merchandising activities.
- Ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met; Manages and motivates staff to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Ensures work schedules are adhered to and assigns employees to specific duties Deals with staffing issues: providing input on; hiring potential staff; employee appraisals and performance reviews; and assists in training and development of staff.
- Ensures timely updates to inventory, including price adjustments, transfers and replenishment of stock upon receipt.
- Responds to customer complaints and comments. Coordinates sales promotion activities Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understands forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitors what local competitors are doing.
- Keeps Store Manager apprised of all activities / incidents during his/her shift.
- Previous experience in a retail sales environment with increasing levels of responsibility and a working knowledge of general retail practices and procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to anticipate customer needs.
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- Good merchandising skills.
- Management experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, customer service environment, preferred.
Powered by JazzHR